Forthcoming Events in East Kent
Our Canterbury Pregnancy Open Evenings have been running since May 2018.
In honour of Mother’s Day, our monthly them is Mothering the Mother. Join our virtual event with our panel of professionals ready to chat with you, answer your questions and share their experience.
- Mothering the Mother: a doula’s approach – Roz Macklin, Doula
- Matrescence: the transition into motherhood – Maria Garcia, Unfiltered Motherhood
Are you a Practitioner, Business or Organisation in the East Kent area that supports women/couples/parents:
– who are trying to conceive,
– who are pregnant,
– during birth, and/or
– during the postnatal period?
If you wish to participate in our monthly Pregnancy Open Evenings in Canterbury, you may apply to book a space via this link:
Forthcoming dates and themes include:
- 15 Apr 2020 – The 4th Trimester
- 20 May 2020 – Mental Health Awareness
- 17 Jun 2020 – All about Dads
Forthcoming talks & tasters include:
- Communicating with your Newborn – TinyTalk Kent Downs (Apr)
- Communicating with your Newborn – TinyTalk Kent Downs (Nov)
- Dads: being a brilliant birth partner – Gina Potts, ZenBirth UK (Jun)
- Babywearing and your newborn – Soshanna Hayhoe, Wear My Baby, Canterbury
- Understanding baby wearing – East Kent Sling Library Team
- What is ‘the fourth trimester’?
- Nutrition for you and your baby
Our previous Workshops, Tasters and Talks have included:
- Empathising with how it feels to be a newborn – Deborah Hart, TinyTalk Kent Downs
- Make personalised Christmas ceramic gifts with Espression Arts.
- Ask A Midwife – Claire Chaubert and Sally Harley, Independent Midwives
- Bump painting with Simona Rad from S Art Canterbury
- A Father’s Role for Birth – Roz Macklin, Doula
- Massage for Labour: tools for Dads – Gina Potts, ZenBirth UK
- You and Your Pelvic Floor – Regina Goode, Tracey Miles Physiotherapy
- The Benefits of Babywearing – Soshanna Hayhoe, Wear my Baby Canterbury
- What does a doula do? Roz Macklin, Doula
- Safe Post-natal Exercise – Rebecca Quinn Fitness
- Sound Healing for Pregnancy – Naomy Raven, Sacred Voice Healing Drum
- Carniosacral Therapy for Mothers and Babies – Bruce Aitken
- Massage for Pregnancy and Birth – Sarah Yarwood, Dandelion Doula
- The Independent Midwife: the new ‘call the midwife’ – Kay Hardie, Kent Midwifery Practice
- Feel A Fairytale sensory classes – Sarah Savill, Blue Kangaroo Baby
- The Fouth Trimester: what is it and why is it so important? – Sophie Burch
- Starting your Breastfeeding Journey – Hannah Croft, La Leche League
- Emma Rosen talks about her new book MILK: a story of breastfeeding in a society that’s forgotten how
The Birth Network – East Kent
The East Kent group is our original local area Birth Network group. The East Kent local area network covers Canterbupry District & Villages
- Soshanna Hayhoe (Wear My Baby Canterbury), and
- Gina Potts (ZenBirth UK), and
Email us or ring 07905 563473
- Come and meet us in person at out next monthly Pregnancy Open Evening in Canterbury.